October 10, 2012

Fish Tacos

This summer on the Taylor family vacation, Steve and I snuck away for a lunch date to a fabulous Mexican restaurant.
We had the best experience. Seriously, it might be one of the best restaurant meals I've ever eaten. Ever.

At Hector's recommendation I ordered the fish tacos. Oh. My. Goodness.
I wanted to lick my plate. So good.

So a few weeks ago I put fish tacos on the menu. We rarely eat fish, but we do Mexican Mondays and regular tacos were starting to bore me.
I searched the Interwebs and beloved Pinterest and found a recipe that seemed fairly easy and equally delicious.

After dusting the fish in a cornmeal, flour, spice concoction, I cooked the fish in the skillet. I also threw together a jalapeƱo tarter sauce.

It was pretty good! Didn't hold a candle to the fish tacos from La Cocina, but a 6 hour drive for dinner wasn't in the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment