January 30, 2013

Pinterest Eats::Sweet Potato & Black Bean Quesadilla


So, this probably seems like a really weird combination.  I thought so myself at first, but I was very eager to try it given my love of sweet potatoes.


I didn't follow a bit of instructions on this recipe that I found because I was thinking it would be a good lunch for the girls.  I think they liked it ok.
My way:
Bake a large peeled and cubed sweet potato at about 400 degrees for around 40 minutes--until soft
Drain and rinse a can of black beans
Place (smear for the kiddos) the sweet potato cubes in a tortilla, top with black beans and mozzarella cheese.  I added a little chopped onion to mine.


Very delicious and filling.  Next time I'd like to try it with the roasted peppers and cilantro.  Cilantro is one of my favorite herbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment