January 17, 2013

Pinterest Eats: Delicious Chicken.

I made a goal to try at least one new recipe each month this year.  We can really get in a rut over here when it comes to dinner: hot dogs, tacos, pizza (such healthy choices...), repeat! Now, don't get me wrong.  I love hot dogs, tacos, and pizza, but it will be nice to have more variety in our menu.

I pinned this recipe some time ago.  Aside from pizza, Steve would probably say bacon is the greatest food on earth, so this seemed like a great one to try!


It was SUPER easy.  I modified it a little because I didn't pay attention to the cook time...4 hours-oops.  Here's the original recipe:
Sunday Chicken 
skinless chicken tenderloins wrapped in bacon and then top with a mixture of cream of chicken soup and a cup of sour cream. Cover with foil and bake at 225 for about 4 hours. Then remove foil and bake at 350 for 15 minutes. 
I didn't have a cup of sour cream, so I used about a 1/2 cup sour cream and 1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt.   I wrapped the chicken tenders and placed them in my 9x13 Pyrex bowl.  Then I combined the soup, sour cream, & yogurt in a mixing bowl.  It was really thick, so I added milk--just a little at a time until I like the consistency.  I'm sure I added salt and pepper too.

I covered the pan with aluminum foil and baked it at 300 degrees for eh...2 hours? 2.5 hours, maybe.  I then removed the foil and let it cook a little longer.  It smelled SO good.

I served it with roasted red potatoes, spinach, and green beans.  I think it would be really good with rice.  We will do that next time.

I was very surprised and pleased with how it turned out.  I kept telling Steve it was so delicious.  He agreed, but did not feel the need to comment on it throughout the whole meal like I did.  The chicken and bacon were tender, easily cut with a fork.  And the flavor was yummy.

Delicious Chicken is definitely going into the rotation!  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment